Tool safety helps to prevent FOD
Due to today’s multitude of existing industries, dropping tools is one of the 10 main causes of accidents involving injury or even death. The safety of you and your workers must be guaranteed for this very reason. In addition to the applicable industry regulations, people must be protected from falling objects.
- Safety precautions
- Over 1.000 tools in the system
- Safe work
- FOD stands for Foreign Object Damage
- Stay connected with your tools
- Design that sets standards
- Locking holes for optimal fuse
- Application-specific kit for tool safety
It is important to note that depending on the severity and size of the tool in usage, the appropriate safety precautions must be taken. This includes the direct protection by the right tool backup to keep the risk of injury low, but also prevent the tool loss. In several areas, dropping a tool, for example in machines, shafts or water can cause devastating damage. The obtained user safety reduces the risk many times and allows efficient and productive work. The Use is appropriate for all areas of work at height, but also deep in the ground. This includes works on bridges, overhead power lines, oil rigs, aircrafts, buildings, caves and much more. For this purpose, our fastende tools are designed precisely.
Tools @ Height" is a Snap-On Industrial brand. The assortment includes products relevant for tool safety, ready for environments where dropping or loosing tools should not happen.
The tool system is developed and designed by Snap-on Industrial and is used in many industries like energy, oil and gas as well as in the aerospace industry. The system does not only include securing the tool itself, it also ensures perfect organization and prevents loss. From workshop storage solution to transport to the place of work.
Over 1.000 tools in the system
The tools are equipped with a reliable and strong lanyard attachment point. This is designed in such a way that it does not impair the functionality of the tool. The snap-on tool lanyards are obtainable in various designs. They can be attached to an operator or at a suitable point depending on the tool weight. Our products are certified and tested according to the requirements of quality management (ISO 9001).
These special tools are used both in height and on the ground:
Working at heights: e.g. Wind turbines, aerospace, buildings, telecommunication masts, power lines, bridges, cranes, hangars ...
Works on the ground: Prevents tools falling into machines, food production lines, mine shafts, fuel chillers, restricted access areas ...
- The Tools @ Height should be used wherever a tool can drop from more than 2 meters.
- The user must be trained properly in the handling of the tools and meet appropriate safety requirements.
- The safety officer should carry out a risk assessment of the task to be carried out and provide instructions on the tools and equipment to be used, as well as to create checklists and to authorize the work.
- The workplace must be checked for loose objects.
- Check the equipment and structure of the workplace to ensure the securing of fittings, screw joints, covers, etc.
- Cover the ground lattice to prevent the passage of small objects
- Place barriers around the "drop zone" below the work area.
- Check the skirting boards on all scaffolding platforms.
- Attachment of equipment and material to avoid falling down.
- Keep the environment clean during work in order to avoid incidents.
- Pay attention to other activities under and around the work area.
- After the work has been completed, it is necessary to check whether tools, equipment or materials have not been forgotten.
- Ensure that all tools, equipment and materials have been returned to their proper storage location. The work environment should be left tidy.
FOD stands for "Foreign Object Damage“
FOD stands for "Foreign Object Damage" and refers to the damage, deterioration, impairment and much more, caused by foreign objects. The aircraft industry in particular is confronted by FOD because of increasingly higher speeds and big engines. Industries like aerospace, storage, shipping, military and similar branches are affected by the occurrence of loose objects, debris and even animals. Even the smallest parts can cause great damage. This might be paper clips, pens, packaging, stones, sand, ash, building materials, birds and much more.
The prevention of FOD can not be of sufficient importance.
Snap-on takes its responsibility as a tool brand and offers FOD tools.
Even the smallest objects cause major damage in the aerospace industry. FOD costs millions of dollars every year. The loss of a small component such as a screw, which is released from a tool can have fatal consequences for man and machine. The unique and innovative tools from Snap-on have been specially developed for the prevention of FOD. They provide security and control in connection with a sleek design.
A management system is another factor for the prevention of such accidents. A tool loss can mean enormous economic damage. Snap-on provides automated tools in order to prevent tool loss. Automated surveillance systems with extensive capabilities provide an overview of your inventory and offer maximum security.
Stay connected with your toolsBad things can happen wenn tools are used at heights.: tools can fall in hardware, motors and machines. In addition, people can be injured - or worse. Tools @ Height are precisely designed for preventing damage to tools and people. Tethered tools for working at height an locations where tools can fall. In the industry's most comprehensive prevention program, Snap-on tools are equipped with a tethered system to improve or maintain the functionality of the tools when used near critical assemblies. And the Tools @ Height program provides tools for high and low-level applications. It's another way with the snap-on that connects professionals with their tools.
Design that sets standardsEven before you take your tools to the construction site, we make sure that you are up to all requirements. The straps should not interfere with work and hold at least 5 lbs heavy tools. Workmanship, quality and innovation have a long tradition at Snap-on and are also used here. Our products are light, durable, strong and, above all, safe.
Locking holes for optimal tool fuseFour holes are better (and safer) than one
The risk of falling apart is increased for sockets with only one side lock. And they do not want to take that risk in a few hundred feet. On all four sides, our sockets, adapters and extensions have a locking hole. So the sockets do not slip. This reduces the risk of damage to humans and material.